Saturday, May 25, 2013

Here is Ashley's letter her first day (May 21st) in Texas:

Dear Family,

I am so, so, so, so sorry I wasn't able to call you today.  There were 37 missionaries in our group, only a few pay phones, and only 10-45 minutes to make calls.  I was one of those who wasn't able to and it breaks my heart.  This is something I looked forward to and I know you looked forward to as well (mom note: we actually didn't know she could do that, which I'm glad I didn't or I would have been even more anxious that I hadn't heard from her yet.)

President Ashton and his wife seem wonderful.  I'm so excited to go out and get to work even though I won't be able to until tomorrow.

I was semi-hoping for a missionary experience on the plane but instead I sat by this delightful little girl.  That was exactly what I needed.

President Ashton has 7 kids and I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of them.  There's something about kids that makes the depressing moments much better.  That's something I missed at the MTC.

It's hot here but not as hot as I thought it would be but it'll probably be like that in August.  I already love the people of Texas and can't wait to serve them.

I don't have much to write right now but I hope I will by my next P-day.  I love you all so much and I'm so sorry I couldn't call.  I'm sure I wouldn't have had much to say then either.

Love,
Sister Ashley Naylor



No comments:

Post a Comment