Monday, July 15, 2013



Hi Family,

I don't have much to write this week because not a whole lot of things happened, at least nothing interesting.  We went and saw a bunch of people, we ate dinner at some of the members houses, and it was really hot.  One thing we did do is we managed to commit this 11-year-old girl to baptism for this weekend.  Her Dad is a convert of just over a year so she wants to be baptized as well.  That went really well.  I honestly couldn't care if we baptized her this weekend or another weekend but my companions were happy about it and so I am too.

We went on splits for the first time some time earlier this week with one of the members.  I was alone with the member and my companions went together.  It was great, I definitely liked that and would be willing to do that again.

Yesterday I left my bag in Sacrament Meeting, you know just the bag that has everything in it!  So we went back to get it and the Vietnamese Ward was in there having their Sacrament Meeting.  And so we walked through on both sides and grabbed it, it was really embarrassing.  I imagine we're going to be hearing from the Vietnamese Elders because of that.

I realized that I have that same thing that Dad does where I have to have something sweet after I eat or the meal just doesn't feel finished and I tend to overeat.  So of course I bought Blue Bell.  It's the only logical solution.  I don't think I told you guys how much I love Blue Bell.  It is the best ice cream in the world.  We get fed a lot of Blue Bell at dinner appointments.  People here call it Blue Bell not ice cream so I get really worried whenever they say "we're going to have ice cream for dessert."  Because my first thought is Blue Bell but they could be talking about any brand and I don't want to get my hopes up.  One woman said that and she pulled out Orange Surbert!!!  That's not even ice cream!  I was still grateful that she fed us and that we got dessert.  Some people are crazy, how you could buy any ice cream besides Blue Bell here is beyond me.  I'm joking of course, but I really do love Blue Bell and they have so many flavors.

We rely so heavily on the members here to do missionary work I invite you to pray to find more missionary opportunities and remember that it is the responsibility of all of us to build up the kingdom of God.  If you pray for missionary opportunities the Lord will give them to you.  Also go to this website (https://www.lds.org/training/wwlt/2013/hastening/special-broadcast?lang=eng#media= also https://www.lds.org/training/wwlt/2013/hastening/special-broadcast?lang=eng#media=16902107223790014226-eng) and watch "I'll Go Where I Want You to Go."  This is what we show to members when we go and visit them.  It's really good.  (Side Note:  Will you also attach that video to the blog?  Also how is that going?)  Let me know how your missionary work is going.

I love you all so much and love hearing what's happening.  I'm so grateful for that package that you sent me with the pictures of you and of my puppy.  It makes me so happy to look at.

Love,
Sister Ashley Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment