Wednesday, June 26, 2013



Dear Family,

I'm happy to hear that you're all doing well and recovering from your week in California.  Thanks for sending me things about my puppy.  I'm afraid I won't be able to send any letters this week.  We had a drill this morning and it took most of my P-Day.  I'm not happy about that at all.  If there actually ever was a hurricane I'm convinced I would just jump in my car and go and not worry about all that junk they had us do this morning.  So yeah, anyway, I can't write ANY letters this week.  And the most annoying instruction is that we needed to remove all the food from our fridge and unplug it.  So we did that, and it was just a drill!!!  So now we don't have any food and we don't have any funds to buy food!  I am so annoyed.  Couldn't they have done that drill at the beginning of the month!!!

This week we went on exchanges.  I went to Mission Bend with Sister Avery and Sister Hiatt and Sister Owens came to Memorial West.  It went well for the most part. 

Sister Workinger was told earlier this week that she might stay in this area for another 6-12 months. She's already been in this area for 6 months.  Today she told me that she felt that we might be companions for 3 or more transfers.  I'm good with that.  I love this area and I love Sister Workinger.  I think Sister Workinger is sort of done with this area though.  I think I'm also her toughest companion so it's actually quite a big thing that we're getting along really well now.

Right now we have three main investigators:  Rodney, Samuel, and Danica.

Rodney calls himself a truth seeker and says that he's been looking since 2001.  He's also quite a talker and a single brother so we always have a sister from the ward come with us to talk to him and it's so hard to have an entire lesson with him because he starts talking, the member starts talking, and he can talk a lot.  He's going to get baptized, we just haven't set a date.

Samuel's mom, his sister, and his brother are all members.  He really wants to join the church.  He started reading the Book of Mormon this week and is already half way through.  When he came to church on Sunday he was talking to a bunch of different people.  They would ask him, "Are you an investigator?" and he would say, "Yes, but I hope to be a member very soon."  There is no doubt in my mind that he'll be baptized very, very soon.  He's just soaking in everything that we tell him, he knows it's true and he'll do anything for Christ's atonement.

Danica is 15-years-old.  She just moved here from California with her parents.  She's been taking the lessons for a while but her parents won't let her get baptized until she's 16.  She doesn't turn 16 until January.  It's frustrating but you have to follow what her parents say, but we're praying that their hearts will be softened.  She is the sweetest girl and she has the strongest testimony.  Most of the girls that we talk to here have such an attitude, but Danica is very sweet and we love spending time with her.

I'm getting very close to my one-month mark.  It's so hot here but this week should be better.  Early 90' weather and late 80' weather as the worst verses the 100' weather we had this week.  But you know what?  I can handle it.  Also I don't get sunburned as easily here, I still get sunburned but I think because it's at a lower elevation, because of the humidity, or because of something else I'm not getting sunburned as easily.   Keep the Elders in Memorial East in your prayers, they're in a bike area.  That means they have to ride in the heat every single day.  We were in a bike area when we I first got here but that was just because Sister Workinger's car was in the shop.  We have a car now and we're sooooooo grateful.  We got it just in time.


Love,
Sister Ashley Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment