Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sorry these are a bit late, but better late than never right :)

Here is Ashley's first letter in the "field".

Hi Family,
 
My first area/ward is the Memorial area/ward.  We are west and the elders are east.  The apartment that we are staying in is very nice. (mom note: we googled the apartments and they do look really nice, Ash lucked out) The sisters who have lived there have posted cute little sayings all over that I like to find and read.  The ward is fantastic.  I love the Bishop and his family.  We've been able to work with the members and they've been great.  Ward missionary work is strong in this ward.
 
My companion/trainer is Sister Workinger.  She's great but she's nothing like Sister Thompson.   I miss Sister Thompson dearly and pray that she's having a good time in her area.  I hope that I'll get to work with her again sometime while I'm here.  Sister Workinger is very diligent and a hard worker.  
 
Riding a bike is . . . hard.  Sometimes it's . . . not as hard.  But most of the time it's hard.  
 
I extended my first baptisimal invite.  It was amazing.  I was so scared because it was the first lesson but I asked him and he said yes.  I could feel the spirit so strongly and I was so happy.  It was an amazing lesson.  I'm amazed how strongly those we teach can feel the spirit even though they don't even have the spirit yet.  The word is good and they can feel it.
 
I love studying and wish I had more time everyday for personal study.  I wished this at the MTC as well.  I'm really trying to learn the lessons right now and learn how to teach them.  The Book of Mormon is amazing, I highly recommend it to all.
 
I'm trying to stay positive in this email for the most part.
 
I miss you guys but I know how happy you are that I'm on a mission and that's what keeps me going when I get homesick.  I pray that you'll be kept safe and happy and then I try to focus on the work and not my worries.
 
I love you all so much.
 
Love,
Sister Ashley Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment