Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hi Family!

I got my first baptism this week!!!  Pictures attached!  Her name is R, I mentioned her my last email.  She was baptized on Saturday and received the Holy Ghost on Sunday!  It was so exciting.  On our way over Sister Workinger and I were laughing and singing we were so excited!  Her dad came and so did her little girl, Kaylin.  Her dad also came with her to church on Sunday and said that he liked some of things that we were saying and that he liked Priesthood.  We're hoping to teach him some time this week.  We were also able to go teaching with her yesterday and we could just feel the spirit guiding her and telling her exactly what she needed to say.  The difference was amazing.

So update on the man that I extended my first baptismal invite too.  His name is D.  He's a friend of R.  He's having a hard time right now because he likes his church so much and he likes our church.  We told him to pray to know which church he should join.  We saw him last night and he started to tell us how overwhelmed he's feeling.  We encouraged him to choose whatever was best for him.  We know that he's been talking to his pastor so we'll see what happens.

Nothing crazy happened this week.  We have some awesome investigators that we saw this week.  I don't know if I mentioned Ro in my last email.  We're seeing him today.  I hope that he gets baptized but he hasn't accepted our invitation yet.  We also have an investigator named S who said that us coming to his door was an answer to his prayers and that he wants to get baptized.  We have an investigator named DJ who prays about an hour or more every day and when we taught him he was so attached to the lesson.  We haven't taught him about the priesthood yet so he doesn't understand why he needs to get baptized but we'll teach him about the restoration the next time we see him.

We're getting really, really close to some of the recent converts in the ward.  R is one.  And then A, who I also think I mentioned in my last email.  I love having these people who have a recent gratitude to the missionaries and also became friends with us when we were teaching them.  (Sister Workinger taught A.)  They're such good support.

Sorry this email is so short!  I only have a couple more minutes and I need to print out President Ashton's letters.  Sorry I haven't been able to send you any letters for the last two weeks.  P-Days are a lot more busy.  I'm working on writing you though and hopefully I'll get that sent out soon.

Anyway, I love and miss you all!  Thanks for writing me about Disneyland.  I was jealous for a few seconds and then I remember what some lady said in the MTC on my first day, "Before you came here you looked for ways to entertain yourselves, I'm asking you to look for ways to find joy."  And I wasn't jealous anymore (but we need to do something fun when I get home.)  
Love,
Sister Ashley Naylor



No comments:

Post a Comment