Sunday, August 4, 2013



Hello Family,
 
I'm not sure how much time I have to write you as a whole because I have so much to write you each indivdually and for me that's more important right now.  I wanted to thank you so much for sending me that light box.  Ever since Thursday I use it for at least fifteen minutes every day and it's making a difference.  I know it was a sacrifice for you to send me one and so that means that world to me that you wouldn't even hesitate for a second to make that sacrifice.  I feel like it's symbolic as well that I get depressed when I don't get enough sunlight.  It shows that the only way to true happiness is through light and that Jesus Chirst is the light of the world.  And so really, true joy only comes through the Savior.
 
I think Satan did a lot of damage over the last couple of months and it's going to take a long time to repair but I know that I can.  I know that the Savior is on my side and I'm grateful for that.I'm so happy to be here.  I know that I'm supposed to be here and the Lord has been blessing me so much.  The storm isn't over and I don't know if it will ever end while I'm on my mission but it's not as hard to handle and I know that I'll be able to get through this trial.
 
Something about today is that Sister Laurent is going back home.  I think this makes me sad but not as sad as it makes Sister Workinger.  I know that Sister Laurent has a great work to do back home so I'm happy and anxious for her but I know that it's going to be hard for Sister Workinger and that makes me sad. I want to be a great help to Sister Workinger this next week.  Sister Laurent has been a great companion.  She's loving, giving and caring.  She works hard and she works hard for those around her as well.  She's been a huge support to me during this more difficult time and I know that the Lord sent her to me and Sister Workinger for a reason.
 
The biggest thing that's happened over this last week is we're making great progress with one of our investigators.  The biggest problems that we've been having with him is a few years ago he found a book that he accepted as truth.  Some of our beliefs woked with this book but others such as the Plan of Salvation don't and so on Friday he had a lot of doubts, things that he said didn't make sense with his believes.  But when we went to go see him two days later we saw such an attitude change and he told us that he knew that this was the right path for him to take and that he had been company with Satan for a while ever since he had read that book.  It was truly a miracle.  I know that he has a great work to do because Satan has been working so hard on him but I know that he's truly looking for the truth and has such honest intents that I know that he will be baptized.

There hasn't been as many miracles this week as there was last week and I think that's because God is trying to test our faith to see if we still have strong faith when all five of our appointments are cancelled on one day, or if one of our main progressing investigators goes out of town on Saturday out of the blue and won't be back for a while, or when things just seem to be going wrong.  But we've tried to stay faithful and do all that we can.  I know that the Lord will bless us again and we'll be able to see so much success.

I love you all so much and I'm always so excited to hear from you.  I haven't heard from Amy and Eric for a while so I hope to get something from them too.  Once again thanks for sending me that light box and being willing to help me.

Love,
Sister Ashley Naylor

No comments:

Post a Comment