Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hello Family,

It was really good to talk to you on Saturday, especially Eric, he has such a sweet spirit and a sweet soul that I needed to hear from him.  I want you to know that the last couple of days have been better and that I'm not as sick as I was.  I honestly can't remember anything earlier then Friday (when I had my breakdown) but there was really only one experience that I need to share.

On Sunday I had the strongest testimony building experience that I've had in a while if ever.  Sunday I spent the day fasting for one of my investigators, Eric.  It was really hard for me because I was really sick but I knew that I would be blessed for my diligence.  That same night we went and visited Eric.  We started the lesson and started by teaching about the Holy Ghost, which is not what we planned to teach first.  This was the first testimony builder that I received, that God was guiding me in the lessons and that the lesson we were teaching was from the Holy Ghost and that I was receiving it even if I thought I wasn't.  He told us that we wasn't sure if the Book of Mormon was true or not but that'd continue praying.  We went on with our planned lesson and taught about prophets and the gospel.  At the end he said "I'm worried about my grandma."  We asked him why.  He said that she was close to the end of her life and that he felt like she really needed to know this before she passed away.  Then my companion asked him why he wanted to share it with his grandma.  He said that it was really important and that he wanted her to get to heaven.  And so my companion exclaimed "Then you Know it's true!!!"  He sat there for a couple of seconds and then said "I do know it's true, I don't know how I know but I know it's true."  In response to that my spirit called to me:  It's true!  It's true!  I know it's true!!!  I had never felt so strongly that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was prophet.  It was also a testimony to me that fast works and prayer works.  We then committed him the 31st and he told us that date was perfect and that date marked exactly 7 years after the lowest time in his life.  It was manifested to me that date was inspired and that I had received revelation.

Also since it was so close to the lowest moment of my life it was also a testimony to me that Satan is real and that he's powerful but the fact that God protected me enough to stay here until that happened was truth to me that no matter how powerful Satan seems God will ALWAYS prevail in the end and he will always win.

I love you so much and thank-you for that package you sent me.  I love you all and hope that you're doing well.

Love,

Sister Ashley Naylor

(Mom note:  thanks for all the prayers and fasting on Ashley's behalf.  They are very appreciated)

No comments:

Post a Comment